Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Viva la CicLAvia!



Better late than never!

CicLAvia came and went last Sunday, October 10, 2010, but that doesn't mean anyone has yet forgotten about it. This week alone I've doubled my per-mile count on my bicycle for the first time in a while. This wonderful promotion of livable streets in which bicycles, skateboarders, rollerbladers, pedestrians - pretty much anyone on or in anything but a car - stuck with me personally or days and is still in the forefront of my mind. In fact, I even put off looking to buy a car for a while. Circumstances have caused me to pick up the search again, but that's another story for another time. In the meantime, the positive message behind CicLAvia has been nothing but positive, and I hope it was an enjoyable event for everyone involved.

April 2011 will be your next opportunity to get on your bikes and ride with the city as a part of this - what I am referring to as a - perspective-changing event. It has also been said that there will be 4-6 CicLAvia events planned for 2011 alone. Will I see you there?










Happy cycling~

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photos. Great to see you Loving the Bike once again. Hey, I'm digging your new Twitter photo as well.


    Darryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. Nice memories. We took our bikes on the subway from the Valley (great seeing all those bikes on the subway, too) and had a great time. CicLAvia was amazing... a ray of hope.

    ReplyDelete