Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Love is in the Air

Sunday evening, I rode my bicycle from Lake Balboa to Burbank. Approximately 13 miles.

Monday morning, I rode my bicycle from Burbank to Northridge, and back to Lake Balboa. Approximately 20 miles.

Yesterday and today I rode my bike to Northridge, which is eight miles round-trip. I'll be riding my bicycle again tomorrow, another approximately 20 miles.

Lately I have been one with my bicycle, and it's been more than a satisfactory experience, lack of fenders and all. (Must appreciate the diligence behind slick, dirt-caked roads. Thumbs up, facetiously.) It might have a little something to do with the autumnal clouds coming over the southern hills below Ventura Boulevard, or the occasional drop of rain on my nose or forehead, to be honest. The thought that it's almost Halloween, almost harvest season, and the perfect weather to hop on the bike and not sweat like I'm under lights... I don't know exactly what it is. But there's a good energy in the air, and I'm enjoying it.

Soon I'm going to have to find out where there's a pumpkin patch I can cycle alongside every so often before The Great Pumpkin comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment