Monday, June 21, 2010

Two Wheels to the Pavement

Riding my bicycle is fun, whether it's for reasons of transportation or recreation. I've been taking part in more of the former than the latter lately, so I made sure to take part in some good recreational riding this weekend. Friday evening I went on a short twelve-mile sprint to Woodland Hills and back along the Orange Line bicycle path. Saturday afternoon I rode down Reseda Blvd past Ventura Blvd and up into the Santa Monica Mountains. I am happy to say that I only stopped once up and along the incline, which (at least to me) is a little brutal at times. But still, what a great workout. Doing so means no additional lower body workout for the day as well, so I can't argue with that.

With today being the first day of summer, it's going to be interesting to see how the weather evolves as it does every year - from mild to scorching hot, but still refreshingly cool in the evenings. The next two months are going to be relatively free until things pick up again towards the end of August, so I'm going to try to get back in fighting shape on my bicycle - long and/or challenging rides on the weekends, some recreation for the benefit of my sanity.

Endorphins are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment