Thursday, January 6, 2011

LACBC's First Sunday Funday Ride

Valley folks, direct your ears - or rather your eyes...

This coming Sunday, January 9th, will be the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC)'s first Sunday Funday Ride, which was rained out last weekend, and - get this - it will take place in the Valley! So named the Valley Pride Ride, it will be held at Los Encinos State Park (map) at 12:00 pm. Unfortunately I will not be in attendance, but I can say that I can wholeheartedly get behind these rides, which are slated to take place on the first Sunday of every month.

According to the LACBC electronic mailer:

Beginning in January 2011, on the first Sunday of each month, LACBC Board and Staff will host a group ride for members! Each ride will explore a different corner of LA County and is free to all LACBC members, plus one guest.

January's ride, led by board member Heidi Zeller, will explore the San Fernando Valley!

For more information, please see our Sunday Funday #1: Valley Pride Ride Facebook event.

To RSVP please contact Carol Feucht, carol@la-bike.org. To volunteer as a ride marshal, please contact Heidi Zeller at heidizeller@gmail.com.


A couple of years ago, in the summer months particularly, my friends and I would do Sunday rides around the lake down the street from us. No matter how many people turned out it was always so much fun to see who else was out, to push ourselves and socialize. That the LACBC is bringing its first ride to the Valley is awesome. In my many recent rides to the Burbank area and beyond, I've been able to personally see how accessible LA is with enough will and manpower. (Let's see how I feel after I ride the hilly Sepulveda Blvd., though. I think I'll love it.) I encourage any and all to pass along info about these rides, whether or not you're able to make it every month. This is a great thing for the community, considering overall awareness and what great weather we get here. Also, if you aren't a member already, definitely consider it!

Happy cycling~

No comments:

Post a Comment